"No one is harder on a talented person than the person themselves" - Linda Wilkinson ; "Trust your guts and don't follow the herd" ; "Validate direction not destination" ;

March 25, 2021

Why I may never work for a startup

I was thinking about what motivates me

  1. Technology does not motivate me, The same CRUD(Create / Read / Update / Delete) can be done in million ways and dozen tools. All I care about is some tech that would fit my tech need.
  2. My mind keeps wandering on multiple ideas. I don't pick one idea and sit on it forever. Sometimes you read papers, you try some blog code, examples. It is a mix, collect lot of ideas and let your creativity and interest pick what you like
  3. It is a race to compete for technology and domain knowledge. I would rather focus on solving business problems and learn required tech on a need basis than trying to master tech and go for domain
  4. In 20 years so much has changed in tech. To observe the new business process, how technology shapes the 2.0, 3.0 supply chain is great learning. Applying a mix of both domain and tech to be on par with the evolving landscape is my interest
  5. Health is going down these days. I would rather be comfortable and creative than pushing my limits. I wish to be a learner, coder. You cannot win all the battles. Pick and chose
  6. At some point, I need to write books, more blogs on my lessons both personal, professional. In a way, we are in a mentally pressured space. Too much competition and clarity and purpose and being clear needs constant revival and focused mindset
  7. I have lost interest in money. I have connected with dozens of startups. I personally know the landscape, the tech they are solving. In a way, I am happy with the tech and business problems. Able to see and see how things evolve is more important than titles and company.
  8. I believe teaching is equally important, mastering fundamentals. Adding value does not come from being online or replying to every email. It comes with deliverables, passion to do personally. We may not excel in everything but few things close to our heart we can be at our best
  9. Now looking back on my 24 hours deployment, those critical moments in my work I do cherish those awards and being able to stand in times of crisis. Always domain knowledge helped me shape up to solve things and push for them. 
  10. Learn more, Live the best you can, regret less, add less guilt. In the end, only memories matter, Halfway done. Keep the last half a bit more contented and satisfied.

Keep going!!!

No comments: