"No one is harder on a talented person than the person themselves" - Linda Wilkinson ; "Trust your guts and don't follow the herd" ; "Validate direction not destination" ;

February 14, 2019

Voice Powered SQL Assistant

SQLBot - I am your Query Assistant what do you want me to do?
User - I want a query to join few tables

SQLBot - Tell the tables
User - Employee, Payment, JobDetails tables

SQLBot - Based on my analysis these are join columns EmployeeId for Employee-JobDetails, JobId for Job and Payment Table
User - Give me the query

SQLBot - There are four indexes available which indexes do you want me to use, any inputs
User - Give best possible query

SQLBot - I tried this query on 10K records it took 2.3 seconds, Is it fine? Do you want me to populate for 100K and try again?
User - I will do it in next sprint, Until then this is fine

SQLBot - Thank you, Small Stats - Other uses who worked on this similar query spent 40% more time analyzing than how you spent time
User - Time to go, bye, Check-in the code 

Use Technology to add value on top of human intelligence :)

Happy Learning!!!

No comments: