"No one is harder on a talented person than the person themselves" - Linda Wilkinson ; "Trust your guts and don't follow the herd" ; "Validate direction not destination" ;

September 18, 2022

Sprint Retrospectives

Every 4 weeks, Personally at least every week we need to observe, learn, and collect domain, data, AI / ML, competitive products, and offerings to have the big picture, proactive, and stay ahead of the learning curve.

  • Did I complete my technical debts?
  • Did we brainstorm/experiment with new ideas?
  • Did I learn something new? 
  • Did I contribute to any POV?
  • What was my new technical learning?
  • Did I improve upon 5% better in my deliverables
  • What areas can I improve personally
  • What bugs/issues could we avoid?
  • Did I get the required help for code review/discussion
  • What expectations do I need to reset to align/be better in this sprint
  • More than daily updates, Are we slow/fast, Did we improve upon execution time in iterations
  • Did I reuse/get new perspectives on old backlogs
Some Red Flags
  • Lots of planning vs Very little experimentation
  • Experimentation vs Accuracy vs Scale
  • Everyday status vs Slow progress on Minor issues
  • Repeating same mistakes
  • Reactive and not Proactive
  • Plan ahead vs Last minute corrections
  • Missing Self initiative to pick beyond tasks
It is not about I am competing with someone else. It is more about Am I better than my previous version.



Ref - Link



Ref Link

Keep Thinking!!!


No comments: