"No one is harder on a talented person than the person themselves" - Linda Wilkinson ; "Trust your guts and don't follow the herd" ; "Validate direction not destination" ;

February 25, 2023

Full Stack vs Deep Stack

I always feel myself an aspirational Deep Stack guy, Getting better in one focused area and expanding on related areas. I don't think it would be right to stay expert in all vs exposure in all.

  • Expertise vs Exposure
  • Communication vs Capability
  • Consistency vs Competency

Everything will be reflected in our plans, actions, and thinking. 

Ref - Link

In my career, I prefer to be a good T in some areas and Try to be a V where to build solutions I need to learn. 70% T and 30% V, You only have limited time to keep sharpening skills vs catching up on related skills. 



As a Team, You need a mix of all ingredients


Ref - Link

Go where you Grow, Grow where you Go. 
Titles <> Knowledge
Keep Learning

Keep Thinking!!!

No comments: